Thursday, August 7, 2008

This is the longest I have gone without seeing Lara (a little over a month and a half). It is true what they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder ". When I was younger, maybe pre- teens, I remember wishing and praying that Lara would leave me alone. That when I would walk to my friends house, she wouldn't show up 10 minutes after me. I think that I may have even hid from her a couple of times and told the friends to tell her I wasn't there.
I HATED sharing a room with her and wondered why she couldn't be "normal", like all of my friends sisters.
Well, things have definitely changed! I still don't think that I would want to share a room with her, since she likes to have her t.v. on until the wee hours in the morning. She has magazine pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyonce, Olivia Newton John, Jessica Simpson, Brintey SPears, and anyone else who has been in a magazine taped to her wall:) But, I wouldn't exchange her for a "normal" sister for anything. And actually, I would say that she is more "normal" than all of us "normal" people. I can say that out of all of my sisters, I miss Lara the most (sorry Steph and Car). Maybe it is because I talked to her today which always makes me laugh and have a story to tell Todd when I get off. My latest conversation with her was when I returned her call today. " Hi Lara, what's up?" "um, Lynds....... I have to call you back later, I'm busy right now". "Why, what are you doing?" Well, um.......... I'm at the Dr. and (she whispers to my mom and then gets back on).... when I come to Utah, I was wondering you come see MAMA MIA?"

So, in 2 weeks, I have a date with my younger sister ( by only 21 months, same as my 2 daughters will be) to go to a movie. She lives for movies. Her favorite thing is to sit in front of the her favorite dvds with the remote in her hand, pausing every couple of words or sentences, to either type or write them out WORD FOR WORD! She has notebooks and notebooks full of scripts. If only life were that simple for all of us.

No comments: