Sunday, August 24, 2008

MAMA MIA

Lara and my mom came into town this week, on their way up to Idaho where they will be joining my dad in their new home. Who could resist seeing "Mama Mia"? Not Lara (who has seen it now 2 times), or my Grandma (who has seen it 2 times), or my mom (who has now seen it 5 times). So, I headed over to Jordan Commons to meet up with them and a "date" night with Lara. She insisted on sitting next to me, to make sure that I was enjoying it the whole way through. You know she is going to enjoy herself if there is any type of romance whatsoever. This movie has quite a bit of that, so Lara was pretty consistent with smiling and giggling and rocking back and forth with excitement (which she does when she can't contain herself). Half of my enjoyment came from watching her reactions to everything and trying to sing along with the movie. I had my mom take a picture with her grand kids and Lara thought that she and my mom should get their picture taken too. She first went in the house and brushed her teeth so that she would be all ready for her close up. (Look at that tight grip she has on my mom)
Then, as we were saying "goodbye" to the family, Lara thought that she needed a picture with she and Todd. I'm not sure that she could have gotten any closer to "TAW-DEE" as she calls him.
She was so giddy when he agreed to pose with her and made the most of it by cuddling him and resting her hand on his belly:)

1 comment:

Dee said...

I swear people with Down Syndrome have kept the ABBA and Grease franchises afloat through any lean times they may experience.